We are looking for a tech-savvy individual with design and marketing experience to be our Graphic and Social Media Designer. This is an independent contractor position requiring an average of 26 hours per month.
The Center for Innovation hosts monthly webinars along with yearly events in the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) industry. We are looking for a Graphic and Social Media Designer to create ads to promote our events through social media, our website, and email campaigns. The individual would also assist in technical support for our events and update our website, as needed.
• Create graphics and content for social media
• Manage company social media profiles
• Increase traffic and appeal to target audiences
• Use basic programming skills to build landing pages and update company website
• Measure key performance indicators
• Market and organize webinars
• Create email campaigns for events
• Presentation and white-paper design
• Upload webinars to YouTube and Podcast
• Understanding of social media principles and best practices
• Knowledge of social media design tools like Canva
• Highly creative and motivated individual with strong communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
• Ability to work independently
• Eye for details
• Basic HTML and CSS knowledge
• Webflow experience, preferred
• Basic video editing skills, preferred
The Center for Innovation is a global group of innovators driven by curiosity, integrity, and inclusivity. We are a nonprofit organization of architects, builders, engineers, technologists, and venture capitalists. We believe that the way we address the big issues of our day: decarbonization, insufficient housing, and wasteful practices in the AEC industry, is by sharing best practices and inspiring change.
We discuss challenging issues in the design and construction industry, including mental health challenges for construction workers and rebuilding Ukraine in the midst of war while planning for peace.
Send us an email and tell us about your design and social media experience. Send examples of the work you are most proud of and let us know your hourly rate (we expect to pay $40-50).
This position can be divided into 2 positions if needed, one for Graphic Designer and one for Social Media Designer.
This position does not have an undergraduate education requirement. If you choose to include your education history, please remove your schools from your resume. You may leave your degree (e.g., “B.A. Philosophy”), but please remove any undergraduate and graduate school names. This anonymous process is aimed at opening this opportunity to more candidates, reviewing applicants on performance assessments, and mitigating bias in the decision-making process.
We are accepting applications until the position is filled.